Friday, November 28, 2008

Mumbai

Hehehe, it sounds like a hop-hop dance. But then I thought, "Why would terrorists attack a hip-hop dance?" They didn't. So, If you haven't heard, Mumbai is a large city in India. It's on the southwest coast. Several hotels and religious center were seised by terrorists Wed. afternoon CDT.

The Indian Navy was actived. Their form of the national guard was activated. And many countries around the world with bases or ships close to the port city pledged support.

So why was it done? I don't know. How does it effect me? Because I am for whom the bells tolls.
We are citizens of humanity. When I see numbers that say 13 Americans dead, 10 Isrealis injured, 78 Indians captured, I think, "They are from my wordly family." I did not know those arbitrary Americans more than I did the Isrealis.

But for all intents and purposses, be sure to focus the majority of media grief on the closest geographical group of suffering. Oddly, something about that seems to make sense.

No comments: