Monday, December 15, 2008

Ugh. Finals.

Finals awake the intense anxiety in me.
I lost it. Truly. The weekend before finals I don't recall consuming anything other than alcohol and bacon, and alcohol-laced bacon.

I was scared. Paralyzed. Unable to move because of fear of the unknown. My psychologist calls it "anticipation anxiety." Yep, that sounds right.

it's like I don't know what's going to happen and the fear controls me – lays me in bed for hours when I should be studying, but what to study when I dont know what's on the test. Ugh!

So, I broke. I wanted to be void of all emotion and anxiety. No worry. A self-medicated relaxation.

No eating. Exercise. Alcohol. Bad choice... in hindsight, of course.

At the end of my restriction bender my fiancee found me pseudo-comatose in bed contemplating partial treatment.

Many times I like to feel like I've dealt with my anxiety. But, the reality is, I struggle daily.

I struggle daily.

No comments: