Monday, June 15, 2009

The World Scale

To preface my sounding pretentious, I only recently started reading The Economist.

However, what I have found out is that my world view is completely skewed.

Why was I not taught how other nation's governments work in my junior government class? Sure, we learned about the supreme court and state circuits, but what about UK parliament? I'm sure any American with the "quality" education as I was given still feels inferior having a political or economic conversation with an individual from another country (as the conversation relates to the issues of the country)

I love getting a different perspective. Love it.

OK, I'm a lover of Time, but although it's exceptional reporting. It's Ameri-centric. Which is good sometimes, but lately...


I need to put things in perspective.

No comments: