Thursday, May 3, 2012

Boys of Summer '12

It started when I woke. Had scrambled eggs, pancakes, good coffee.
Grabbed my bicycle and sprinted to a doctor's appointment. Five miles later I arrived somewhat achey and sweaty. The first thing I had to get over biking everywhere was, Yes, I'll be wet when I arrive. some folks may look, but whatever I moved here with my legs. And with many things in life, excluding death, that salt-caked sweaty feeling will not last forever. In fact, with practice the body will rebound much faster.

By the time I was done filling out forms and the nurse came to check me in I was completely dryand my heart rate and breating had recovered. Easy Peasy.

Couple checks -- bend here, cough there -- and i was on way way home facing the wind that so kindly helped me there. Oh! The great equality of nature.

Finished reading Mile Markers by Kristin Armstrong then it was time for Thursday tennis with my friend Tom. First game of the year. Yes! First golf game of the year next week.

There was time for video games and more reading before I went to bed. Couldn't have asked for a better summer day. Which is awesome because I'm certain I'll have many days like this until the snow falls. I was smiling the whole day! What sun and activity and friends does for the spirit medication cannot replicate. It's pure joy and light and laughter. God, I love summer.
I must only remember to eat. That's it.

No comments: