Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh, the horror and excitement of the deadline.

Strange, it's almost midterm and my first assignment is due tomorrow. At least I've had enough time for research.

I'm realizing now that I'm quite methodical beginning my writing process. I like my space clean, which can be an adventure by itself. I need music to get pumped up. Incense. And most recently, do some pre-writing before the real thing. That could technically be the outline and rough draft -- had I a rough draft. So, this time I'll be going off my outline, which is complete enough.

Four to six pages isn't much. I think if I just stare at the monitor I can get two. So that leaves me and my brain to write about three pages in twenty-four hours. I think this is possible. possibly. And then when I come home from class tomorrow and the weight of one deadline has been lifted I will finally enjoy my white russian truffle.

I just have to think about a theme. OK, got it. Now i need to start with something good. A quote, yes, and better if it's an infinitive, even better. OK now I'm getting somewhere. Shit, i'm 25. This should be good then.

No comments: