Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I found a special lady friend

There is a lot to think about when looking for a engagement ring. The sales people will tell you about the 4 Cs: Cut, Clarity, Carat weight, Color. Of course, the missing 5th C is Cost. I've heard the average ring should cost from 2-3 months salary. That's nutso! I can hardly imagine spending that much. But then I think, "Wait, if I make more that will ease the burden." But no! Because it's still a percent.

I say anyone will be able to find a nice looking ring for about $2000. Try switching sets, changing cuts, bands and shopping online (there are some very reputable sites).

Opportunity cost is the biggest hurdle for me. What else can i buy with this money?

In light of these environmentally conscious times, I advocate the engagement scooter.

1 comment:

Adla said...

Hahaha. Cheap bastard.
YOU MADE ME LOOK AT RINGS!
YOU created this monster!
I love you, you big goofball. Why on earth did you post this.