Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wow! It's so Hot.


One thing I know about habanero peppers is they are extraordinary in salsa, quesadillas and pretty much anything spicy that needs to be spicy-er (these days pretty much anything sold in a local supermarket needs to be spicier).

One thing I did not know about habanero peppers is they leave a microbial oil residue wherever they are cut or used. Thus, wash your hands and cutting boards.

Oh, the pain! I washed my hands once, but not twice. I, then, rubbed my eyes. The ensuing actions were completely involuntary. I ran to the sink, held my eye open and began splashing cold water on my eyeball. Oh, the pain! As if one hundred bags of one hundred doorknobs hit my face all at once. Again, I tell you, "Oh, the pain!"

Shall this post henceforth bear witness to the agony brought forth by hands twice washed and oily residue left by the delicious and necessary habanero pepper.

Enjoy!

No comments: